- Great places to stay that you can really afford, from charming Victorian B&Bs and funky retro motels to the best bargains in Union Squareplus terrific deals for families
- Cheap eats galore, from dim sum in Chinatown to the Mission District's best burritosplus tips on how to dine in the city's top restaurants without breaking the bank
- A budget guide to all the sights, with insider tips on what to see and do for free
- A shopper's guide to affordable vintage wear, cheap CDs, factory-outlet bargains, and more
- Low-cost nightlife, from affordable supper clubs to all-you-can-eat happy hourswith complete coverage of the gay and lesbian scene
About the Author
Table of ContentsList of Maps.
1. The San Francisco Experience.
2. Planning an Affordable Trip to San Francisco.
3. For Foreign Visitors.
4. Getting to Know San Francisco.
5. Accommodations You Can Afford.
6. Great Deals on Dining.
7. Exploring the City.
8. City Strolls.
10. San Francisco After Dark.
11. Side Trips from San Francisco.
12. A Side Trip to the Wine Country.
Appendix A: San Francisco in Depth.
1. San Francisco Today.
2. A Look at the Past.
Appendix B: Useful Toll-Free Numbers & Web Sites.