- Insider advice on exploring some of South Florida's greatest gems, from South Beach in Miami to the Everglades, and from the crystal-clear waters of the Treasure Coast to the laid-back Florida Keys. Plus tips for navigating the region's best travel routes, like the oceanfront Florida A1A, which runs from Miami to Fort Lauderdale.
- Where to find the absolute best seafood, the most authentic Cuban food, the best people-watching sites, and the hottest nightlife spots in Miami.
- Insider tips on how to find South Florida's best beaches, from quiet Matheson Hammock Park Beach to family-friendly Crandon Park Beach. Plus suggestions for the best snorkeling and diving spots and the best spots to connect with nature, like the Dolphin Research Center in Marathon Key and Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park in Key Biscayne.
- Opinionated reviews. No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writers are passionate about their destinationsthey tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activityno other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- User-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.
|Series:||Frommer's Complete Series|
|Product dimensions:||5.10(w) x 7.90(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Lesley Abravanel is a freelance journalist and a graduate of the University of Miami School of Communication. When she isn’t combing South Florida for the latest hotels, restaurants, and attractions, she is on the lookout for vacationing celebrities and covers them in her weekly nightlife and gossip column, "Velvet Underground," in the Miami Herald. She is a contributor to Business Traveler, Time Out, all three illustrious supermarket tabloids, and is the author of Florida For Dummies, Frommer's Florida, and Frommer's Portable Miami.