This is the one and only travel guide you need to South Korea.
Frommer's South Korea gives you the complete overview of insider knowledge on where and what to visit in this stunningly beautiful country, all in meticulous detail to point you towards the best that it has to offer.
Packed with detailed, outspoken and honest reviews, this guide gives you the lowdown on what’s worth your time and what’s not, providing extensive listings of accommodation, attractions and restaurants around South Korea’s cities and towns whatever your budget.
- The best natural wonders from hot springs to limestone caves
- Advice on how to steer away from the touristy and the inauthentic, and see the real heart of South Korea
- Eat a Hanjeongsik (full-course meal) in a neighbourhood cafe in Seoul, attend the Busar Film Festival, shop for the country’s best fabrics (ramie fabrics) at the markets in Hansan
- Hike the Seoraksan Mountains (or just buy the area’s famous mushrooms and honey). Seek out tea houses, Buddhist temples, battlegrounds, and parks throughout the region, as well as all the best activities available around the country from hiking to skiing
- South Korea’s regions and highlights are broken down by thoughtful chapter sections with itineraries and accompanying maps to help you to plan your way while you stay, according to your timeframe
- Amongst all of these you’ll find the latest trip-planning advice and money-saving tips, as well as a complete shopper’s guide and directory of useful contacts to ensure you make the most of your stay in this breathtaking country
|Series:||Frommer's Complete Series , #775|
|Product dimensions:||5.10(w) x 7.90(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
Cecilia Hae-Jin Lee was born in Seoul and is the author of several popular books on Korea, including Quick & Easy Korean Cooking and Eating Korean: From Barbeque to Kimchi Recipes from My Home. She is also a conceptual and installation artist, a designer, an illustrator, and a photographer. Her first and third language is Korean.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Frommer's South Korea is a welcome addition to the library of any traveler, asian/world historian, artist, sociologist, cook, or individual interested in learning more about the country of South Korea, its people, customs, and detailed points of interest. Impeccably written, the volume goes into minute detail about practically every corner of the country and its hot spots, sharing bits of information that few people have uncovered. This book is indispensable for the traveler, gourmand, photographer and hotel hopper. Whether searching for a quiet, intimate spot for reflection in Wonhyo Temple 'Gwangju', finding the perfect dumpling in Myeongdong, or discovering a fiery Cheonwang sunrise in Jirisan National Park, look for it within these pages. This book should be considered a 'best buy' for its grand scope of usability and great price. Filled with illustrations, maps, conversion tables, etc. Kudos to Ms. Lee for this excellent study on South Korean travel and an altogether outstanding book. BUY IT NOW BEFORE ITS GONE!