It's a Whole New World with Frommer's. Frommer's is packed with completely up-to-date practical information, exact prices, and candid insider advice. It's the most authoritative, easy-to-use guide you can buy. Everything You Need for the Perfect Trip:
- Great places to stay for every taste and budget, from grand hotels and luxury ski resorts to intimate inns and affordable chalets
- The latest on dining, from fresh lake trout and hearty farmer's plates to fondue bourguignonne and Swiss cheese pie
- The best of the outdoors: dramatic drives, scenic strolls, skiing, cycling tours, ice skating, and more
- A complete sightseeing guide, from sophisticated cities to charming alpine villageswith tips on exploring off the beaten path
- Where to find the best deals on watches, lace, chocolates, music boxes, and more
- Detailed, accurate two-color city and regional maps
About the Author
About the Authors Authors Darwin Porter and Danforth Prince share their love of their favorite European country with this guide. Porter, a bureau chief for the Miami Herald at 21 who later worked in television advertising, wrote the first-ever book to London for Frommer's. He's joined by Prince, formerly of the Paris bureau of the New York Times. Together, they're the authors of several best-selling Frommer's guides, notably to England, France, the Caribbean, Italy, and Germany.
Table of Contents
1. The Best of Switzerland.
2. Getting to Know Switzerland.
3. Planning a Trip to Switzerland.
5. Northeastern Switzerland.
6. Basel & the Jura.
8. The Bernese Oberland.
9. The Valais.
10. Lausanne & Lake Geneva.
12. Lucerne & Central Switzerland.
13. The Grisons.
14. The Engadine.
15. Lugano, Locarno & the Ticino.