Frommer's Washington, D. C. from $70 a Day by Elise H. Ford, Elise Hartman Ford
"Written by travel veterans with a nose for comfort . Accuracy: high." Details magazine Everything You Need for an Unforgettableand AffordableTrip!
- Inviting places to stay, from family-friendly Capitol Hill hotels to historic inns near Dupont Circlefor as little as $30 per person a night!
- Great dining at unbelievable prices, from $4 lunches in the Supreme Court to $8 burgers and beer at a turn-of-the-century Georgetown watering hole
- A complete budget guide to Washington's sightsplus, how to explore the halls of power and watch your government at work
- What to see and do for free: White House and FBI tours, the FDR memorial, the Smithsonian museums, the National Zoo, and more
- Low-cost nightlife, from theater discounts at the Kennedy Center to free concerts on the Mall
- Detailed, accurate two-color city and transit maps
|Publisher:||Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated|
|Series:||Frommer's Dollar-a-Day Guides Series|
|Product dimensions:||5.10(w) x 8.46(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
About the Author Elise Hartman Ford has been a freelance writer in the Washington, D.C. area since 1985. She contributes regularly to such newspapers as the Washington Post, and to Washingtonian and other magazines. In addition to this guide, she is the author of two books about places to rent for special events and meetings: Unique Meeting, Wedding and Party Places in Greater Washington, now in its fourth edition, and Unique Meeting Places in Greater Baltimore.