If FrontPage 98 can do it, you can do it too Using step-by-step examples, Web experts David Elderbrock and Paul Bodensiek show you how to use FrontPage 98 to quickly build effective Web pages, complete with great graphics, animations and interactive components such as discussion forums. Whether you're creating a personal Web site, developing your company's intranet, or managing an Internet-based business, FrontPage® 98 Bible provides you with all the tools and techniques you'll need to produce compelling and access-friendly Web content! Inside, you'll find complete coverage of FrontPage 98
- Design new Web pages from scratch with FrontPage Editor
- Import existing pages into the FrontPage environment
- Create and edit graphic images with Image Composer
- Publish your material to a remote Web server using a Wizard
- Maintain Web management tasks automatically spell checking, hyperlink verification, and more
- Use tables, frames, and style sheets to ensure page-to-page consistency
- Generate a graphical navigation system by designating shared borders
- Add custom applications coded in Visual Basic, Java, ActiveX, and others
About the Author
Table of Contents
PART I: Building a Basic Web.
Chapter 1: Your First Web.
Chapter 2: Working with FrontPage Editor.
Chapter 3: Using FrontPage Explorer.
PART II: Enhancing the Look and Feel.
Chapter 4: Graphics and Themes.
Chapter 5: Creating and Editing Images.
Chapter 6: Adding Multimedia Elements.
PART III: HTML Layout and Design.
Chapter 7: Formatting with Tables.
Chapter 8: Working with Frames.
Chapter 9: HTML Editing Techniques.
Chapter 10: Using Style Sheets.
PART IV: Adding Interactivity.
Chapter 11: Creating and Implementing Forms.
Chapter 12: FrontPage Components.
Chapter 13: Text Searching.
Chapter 14: Creating a Discussion Forum.
PART V: Programming Elements.
Chapter 16: Advanced Programming Elements.
Chapter 17: Database Connectivity.
PART VI: Administering and Maintaining Your Site.
Chapter 18: Managing and Publishing Your Web Project.
Chapter 19: Server Administration.
PART VII: Appendixes.
Appendix A: Installing FrontPage.
Appendix B: Upgrading from FrontPage 97.
Appendix C: Installing FrontPage Server Extensions.
Appendix D: Using the CD-ROM.
End-User License Agreement.
CD-ROM Installation Instructions.