Want to know how to get a job designing UI for films or games? Not sure how to get started? We've got the answers to these and many more questions in our beginner's guide to launching a career in FUI.
Jono gathers the most prolific artists in the industry to help answer some of the most common questions such as:
- What does the FUI process look like?
- What tools do FUI designers use?
- How do you get a job designing FUI?
- How do I get started?
If you've ever considered designing user interfaces for film or games, then this guide is for you.
This is a guide to help people needing advice on how to get started in FUI and how to break into the industry. This is not a coffee table book full of pretty pictures or step-by-step tutorials. It is a book filled with tips and insights collected from industry professionals.
- 'Approaching an interface' checklist
- 'Assessing an interface' checklist
- Pro tips from our contributing artists
- Alan Torres (Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Furious 7, Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Ash Thorp (Ghost in the Shell, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, 007: Spectre, Total Recall, Prometheus, Robocop)
- Chris Kieffer (Westworld, Passengers, Interstellar, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Deep Water Horizon))
- Corey Brammell (TMNT: Out of the Shadows, Ant-Man, 5th Wave, Transformers: Age of Extinction)
- Davison Carvalho (Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Doctor Strange, Captain America: Civil War, Mortal Kombat X)
- Gemma Kingsley (Black Mirror, The Conjuring 2, London Has Fallen)
- Jayse Hansen (Spider-Man Homecoming, Guardians 2, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, The Avengers 1&2, Iron Man 3)
- Jérémie Benhamou (Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Dead Space 2&3, Assassins Creed: Unity, Rainbow Six: Siege)
- John LePore (Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America: Civil War, Iron Man 2, The Avengers)
- Jorge Almeida (Minority Report, Star Trek Into Darkness, The Dark Knight Rises, Microsoft Future Vision 2015)
- Ryan Rafferty Phelan (Avengers Age of Ultron, Mission Impossible V, Agent 47, Guardians of the Galaxy)
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.27(d)|
About the Author
Jono is also the founder of Future User Interface design community HUDS+GUIS, where he helps bring awareness to the best work in the field and the artists behind them. He speaks on the topics of Future User Interfaces, digital experience design and design mentoring.
He now focuses his energy on helping young designers reach their goals, with projects like HUDS+GUIS and some new projects currently in the works!