Fundamental Nursing Skills and Concepts / Edition 11 available in Paperback
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
This trusted text helps LPN/LVN students develop the understanding and clinical skills necessary for effective practice in today’s challenging health care environments. Fundamental Nursing Skills and Concepts, 11th Edition, continues the tradition of excellent coverage of basic nursing theory and clinical skills that have long made this text a leading resource for LPN/LVN students at the start of their studies. Students using this text will learn theoretical nursing concepts, step-by-step skills and procedures, and clinical applications, all while applying philosophical concepts focusing on the human experience such as caring as the essence of nursing, supportive health care provider networks, and accountability for actions and clinical decisions. Filled with engaging learning tools that promote critical thinking, this new edition has been fully updated to reflect current medical and nursing practice with visually enticing photos and illustrations that bring the information to life and reinforce learning. Highlights of the 11th Edition include:
- Coverage of new educational trends such as QSEN competencies and the SBAR technique for standardized communication.
- Updated NANDA diagnoses and definitions in Nursing Implications and Nursing Care Plans reflect the latest NANDA-I publication, Nursing Diagnoses 2015-2017.
- A continuing focus on the Nursing Process that covers concepts and paradigms in Chapter 2 with each skill chapter including the most recent applicable Nursing Diagnoses.
- Nursing Care Plans that help students identify with "real people" and their individualized care.
- Skills clustered at the end of each chapter that comply with Standard Precautions and infection control guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Nursing Guidelines that show students how to perform various types of nursing care or offer suggestions for managing client care problems.
- Client and Family Teaching boxes that highlight essential education points nurses can communicate to clients and their families.
- Chapter-ending Critical Thinking Exercises that use clinical situations or rhetorical questions to give students an opportunity to apply the material.
- NCLEX-PN Style Questions that help students apply what they’ve learned to items that reflect the formats within the 2016 NCLEX-PN Test plan.
|Product dimensions:||8.30(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.40(d)|
Table of Contents
- Nursing Foundations
- Nursing Process
UNIT II - INTEGRATING BASIC CONCEPTS
- Laws and Ethics
- Health and Illness
- Homeostasis, Adaptation, and Stress
- Culture and Ethnicity
UNIT III - FOSTERING COMMUNICATION
- The Nurse–Client Relationship
- Client Teaching
- Recording and Reporting
SECTION II - Fundamental Nursing Skills
UNIT IV - PERFORMING ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION
- Admission, Discharge, Transfer, and Referrals
- Vital Signs
- Physical Assessment
- Special Examinations and Tests
UNIT V - ASSISTING WITH BASIC NEEDS
- Fluid and Chemical Balance
- Comfort, Rest, and Sleep
- Pain Management
UNIT VI PREVENTING INFECTION
- Infection Control
UNIT VII ASSISTING THE INACTIVE CLIENT
- Body Mechanics, Positioning, and Moving
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Mechanical Immobilization
- Ambulatory Aids
UNIT VIII THE SURGICAL CLIENT
- Perioperative Care
- Wound Care
- Gastrointestinal Intubation
UNIT IX PROMOTING ELIMINATION
- Urinary Elimination
- Bowel Elimination
UNIT X MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION
- Oral Medications
- Topical and Inhalant Medications
- Parenteral Medications
- Intravenous Medications
UNIT XI INTERVENING IN EMERGENCY SITUATIONS
- Airway Management
UNIT XII CARING FOR THE TERMINALLY ILL
- Death and Dying
SECTION I - Fundamental Nursing Concepts
UNIT I - EXPLORING CONTEMPORARY NURSING