Fundamental Orthopedic Management for the Physical Therapist Assistant / Edition 1 available in Paperback
A Student Workbook GA The workbook follows the text chapter-by-chapter, using multiple choice, matching, true false, short answer review questions, and more. Answers are provided in a separate section at the end of the book.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x (d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
Table of Contents
Part I: Basic Concepts of Orthopedic Management
1. Patient Supervision and Observation During Treatment
2. The Role of the Physical Therapist Assistant in Physical Assessment
6. Balance and Coordination
Part II: Review of Tissue Healing
7. Composition and Function of Connective Tissue
8. Ligament Healing
9. Bone Healing
10. Cartilage Healing
11. Muscle and Tendon Healing
12. Neurovascular Healing and Thromboembolic Disease
Part III: Common Medications in Orthopedics
13. Concepts of Orthopedic Pharmacology
Part IV: Mobilization And Biomechanics
14. Fundamentals of Gait
15. Concepts of Joint Mobilization
16. Biomechanical Basis for Movement
Part V: Management of Orthopedic Conditions by Region
17. Orthopedic Management of the Ankle, Foot, and Toes
18. Orthopedic Management of the Knee
19. Orthopedic Management of the Hip and Pelvis
20. Orthopedic Management of the Lumbar, Thoracic, and Cervical Spine
21. Orthopedic Management of the Shoulder
22. Orthopedic Management of the Elbow
23. Orthopedic Management of the Wrist and Hand
Part VI: Management of Orthopedic Conditions by Affliction NEW!
24. Orthopedic Management of Rheumatic Disorders NEW!
25. Orthopedic Management of Pain and Pain Syndromes NEW!
26. Orthopedic Management of Bracing, Orthotics, and Prosthetics NEW!
A: Commonly Used Medications in Orthopedics
B: Reference Ranges for Commonly Used Tests
C: Units of Measurement and Terminology for the Description of Exercise and Sport Performance
D: Fracture Eponyms
E: Major Movements of the Body and the Muscles Acting at the Joints Causing the Movement