This best-selling volume is your perfect introduction to chest radiology. You'll learn the basics of all the latest imaging technologies: MRI, high-resolution CT, multi-detector CT, and PET as well as traditional X-rays. A uniform, consistent presentation makes the material easy to master. Digital-quality illustrations, concise text, and many helpful algorithms and tables make it simple to find the information you need quickly. Each chapter has a "Pearls for Clinicians" section that gives you expert guidance for common clinical problems.
• Discusses all the latest state-of-the-art technologies such as MRI, high-resolution CT, multi-detector CT, and PET.
• Includes "Pearls for Clinicians" in each chapter.
• Presents algorithms with precise instructions for clinical problems.
• Contains many helpful tables, which categorize and list causes of many common conditions, such as lung obstructions.
• Features new information on: · cardiovascular disease · traumatic and toxic lung disease · pneumoconiosis · immunologic and proliferative lung disease · recognizing normal variants and artifacts
• Contains fifty percent new images, with digital-quality resolution.