Presents a complete, accurate and rigorous study of physics while bringing it forward into the '90s and beyond. The Fourth Edition of volumes 1 and 2 is concerned with mechanics and E&M/Optics. New features include: expanded coverage of classic physics topics, substantial increases in the number of in-text examples which reinforce text exposition, the latest pedagogical and technical advances in the field, numerical analysis, computer-generated graphics, computer projects and much more.
About the Author
- Professional video editors wishing to transition from other video editing software
- Professional video editors currently using FinalCut Pro who want to get more out of the software
- Professional filmmakers who wish to do their own editing or create rough cuts
- Independent filmmakers who wish to do their own editing
- Advanced amateurs who want to go beyond the capabilities of iMovie.
Table of ContentsPART 1.
Motion Along a Straight Line.
Motion in Two and Three Dimensions.
Force and Motion--I.
Force and Motion--II.
Kinetic Energy and Work.
Potential Energy and Conservation of Energy.
Systems of Particles.
Rolling, Torque, and Angular Momentum.
Equilibrium and Elasticity.
Temperature, Heat, and the First Law of Thermodynamics.
The Kinetic Theoryof Gases.
Entropy and the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Current and Resistance.
Magnetic Fields Due to Currents.
Induction and Inductance.
Magnetism of Matter; Maxwell's Equation.
Electromagnetic Oscillations and Alternating Current.
Special Theory of Relativity.
Photons and Matter Waves.
More About Matter Waves.
All About Atoms.
Conduction of Electricity in Solids.
Energy from the Nucleus.
Quarks, leptons, and the Big Bang.
Answers to Checkpoints and Odd-Numbered Questions, Exercises, and Problems.