A revealing exploration of a key market in flux, The Future of Men highlights substantial demographic shifts and their impactfrom the stay-at-home dad to the new macho revival. The authors draw on their expertise as top thought leaders from the advertising worldthey were the ones to create the buzz around "übersexuals" and "metrosexuals"to show that the new definition of masculinity is a result of complex social, biological, and economic influences. From automobiles to cosmetics to consumer electronics, this cutting-edge book explains how to tap the potential of the male market.
|Publisher:||St. Martin's Press|
|Edition description:||First Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.58(d)|
About the Author
MARIAN SALZMAN is one of the world's leading trendspotters and executive vice-president of JWT. IRA MATATHIA is a partner in NoFormula, a strategic brand consultancy based in New York and London. Marian and Ira's bestselling business book Next: Trends for the Near Future, was published in twelve languages. ANN O'REILLY is editorial director of Euro RSCG Worldwide's S.T.A.R. group, overseeing the product offerings of the agency's strategic trendspotting and research initiative.
Table of ContentsIntroduction
• The Great Gender Shift
• Me Tarzan, You Jane--The Biology of Gender
• What Is Masculinity?
• Beyond Metrosexualmania: The Ubersexual Man as King of the Castle
• The Tables Turn for Women
• Mass Media, Advertising & the Modern Man
• Real Men and Their Real Role Models
• New Rules for the Mating Game
• How Are Men Handling the Sea Changes
• Conclusion: M-Ness--The Bright Future of Men