This journal also features a mandala on the back cover that can be used for trataka gazing meditation (see below for instruction).
This journal features:
- 150 lined pages (75 sheets)
- 6 x 9 inches
- 60 pound (90 gsm) white-colored paper
- Perfect bound matte cover on 10 pt stock
Ten percent of the proceeds from the sale of this book goes towards enabling youth in developing countries to access better educational opportunities. This money is being donated to Build to Learn, an initiative started by The Mindful Word.
How to do trataka gazing meditation
1. Sit in a comfortable meditation position with back straight (if wearing glasses remove them).
2. Place the book standing up at arm length and at eye level.
3. Focus on the mandala with a soft gaze, letting the mandala's design draw your eye into the middle.
4. Draw your focus back to the middle when it wanders off to the perimeter of the mandala, concentrating your mind.
5. Continue meditating this way, trying not to blink, for some time.
6. Close your eyes and visualize the mandala as a focus of meditation.