This guide provides proven strategies for tracing your family history, whether it originates in Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Alsace Lorraine, or other Germanic regions. From maps and translations to pedigree charts, inside you'll find the information you need, featuring basic instruction for gathering, verifying, recording and organizing your findings.Inside you'll find:
- a brief history of Germany and Germanic emigration
- methods of tracking down information here and abroad
- techniques and translations for reading Germanic records
- German word lists including occupations, relationships and surnames
- listings of German genealogical societies and archives
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Great. Information! Easy to understand and walks you through the steps to find your german ancestors. I would recomend this book to those who are strugling to find their family in germany,etc!