|This workbook provides a valuable supplement for introductory genetics courses. Its self-instructional format helps students to master basic concepts of genetics and improve problem-solving skills while actively engaged in the learning process.|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.30(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Mitosis and Meiosis.
2. Mendel's Laws.
3. Crosses Involving Single Gene Inheritance, Basic Probability.
4. Crosses Involving Two Independently Assorting Traits (DyHybrid Crosses).
5. Crosses Involving Three or More Independently Assorting Traits.
6. The Chi-Square Test.
7. More on Probability: Unordered Events and the Binomial and Multinomial Distributions.
8. Multiple-Allelic Series.
9. Modified Dihybrid Ratios: Interaction of Products of Nonallelic Genes.
10. Sex Chromosomes, Sex Chromosome Systems, and Sex Linkage.
11. Human Pedigree Analysis.
12. Linkage, Crossing Over, and the Two-Point Testcross.
13. The Three-Point Testcross and Chromosomal Mapping.
14. Haploid Genetics: Tetrad Analysis I.
15. Haploid Genetics: Tetrad Analysis II.
16. Changes in Chromosome Structure and Number.
17. Quantitative Inheritance, Statistics, and Heritability.
18. Nucleic Acid Structure.
19. DNA Replication and Recombination.
20. The Basis of Prokaryotic Inheritance.
21. Transformation and Mapping the Bacterial Chromosome.
22. Conjugation and Mapping the Bacterial Chromosome.
23. Transduction and Mapping the Bacterial Chromosome.
24. Viral (Bacteriophage) Genetics.
25. Complementation Testing and Fine Structure Mapping.
26. Gene Expression: Transcription and Translation.
27. The Genetic Code.
29. Gene Regulation.
30. Recombinant DNA and DNA Sequencing.
31. Population Genetics 1: The Hardy-Weinberg Equilibrium.
32. Population Genetics II: Evolutionary Forces.
Appendix A: Comprehensive Problem Set for Chapters 1-13.
Appendix B: Solutions to Problems.
Appendix C: Correlation Guide for Several Genetics Texts.