Authored by one of the world’s hydrocarbon exploration experts, Geophysical Exploration Technology: Applications in Lithological and Stratigraphic Reservoirs presents the latest technological advancements and cutting edge techniques in reservoir theory, research and exploration.
Stratigraphic and lithological reservoirs play a critical role in increasing the production from oil reserves and new hydrocarbon sources. Recent resource evaluations indicate that onshore stratigraphic and subtle reservoirs account for as much as 40% of the total remaining hydrocarbon sources globally. As a result, these reservoirs will be the most practical, potential and prevalent fields for long-lasting onshore exploration.
Intended as an aid in developing an understanding of the techniques of reservoir exploration, this book presents the latest and most practical methods and technology in oil and gas exploration. It can be used as a training book for lithological stratigraphic exploration and a reference for scientific and technological personnel in the oil and gas industry.
- Authored by one of the world’s foremost experts in stratigraphic and lithological reservoir exploration who has more than 30 years of experience in research and instruction
- Features more than 200 figures, illustrations, and working examples to aid the reader in retaining key concepts
- Presents the latest technological developments in reservoir exploration techniques
- Integrates theory and application, arming readers with a rigorous yet practical approach to hydrocarbon exploration in stratigraphic and lithological reservoirs
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||39 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
About the Author
Table of Contents1. Introduction to geophysical exploration methods and technologies for lithological/stratigraphic oil and gas reservoirs
2. Sequence stratigraphy research technology
3. Coherence cube technology
4. Visualization and frequency decomposition technology
5. Seismic attributes analysis technology
6. Seismic inversion technology
7. Pre-stack seismic inversion and attribute analysis technology
8. Hydrocarbon detection technology
9. Logging evaluation methods and technology of hydrocarbon reservoirs
10. Software application, advantages and disadvantages
11. Application analysis