Prior to 1933–38, more women earned doctorates in German studies at the University of Vienna than at any other German-speaking university. Starting from this observation, the author examines the institutional and academic history of the German studies program from 1848 to 1938 and links it to professional portraits of three University lecturers, Christine Touaillon (1878–1928), Marianne Thalmann (1888–1975), and Lily Weiser (1898–1987).
The open access publication has been supported by the Austrian Science Fund (FWF).
|Series:||Quellen und Forschungen zur Literatur- und Kulturgeschichte Series , #319|
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 9.06(h) x (d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
About the Author
Elisabeth Grabenweger, Universität Wien, Österreich.