With disarming candor, Melanie discusses everything from medical jargon to implants:
• How to create a health management plan, with ideas for a record-keeping system that will help you organize medical visits and tests while still allowing you to have optimal health
• How to manage diet and health prior to surgery to give you the best possible surgical outcome. (Melanie is also a longtime food professional and certified integrative nutrition health coach.)
• How to make wise decisions about your caregiver relationshipseverything from choosing the best oncologist to communicating with loved ones about your diagnosis
• What to expect with treatment, including insights about lumpectomy, mastectomy, and lymphedema
• The pros and cons of different implant, prosthesis, and breast reconstruction options
• Tips for optimal health after your surgery and during chemotherapy and radiation
• Ideas for keeping yourself looking your best, including thoughts on wigs, makeup, and fashion choices
There is only one aspect of your cancer you'll have no control over, and that is the diagnosis itself. This road map will help arm you for the battle ahead as you make smart, confident choices. Melanie will be your ally as you turn your breast cancer diagnosis into an opportunity to learn how fearless and fabulous you really are.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This book is an AMAZING treasure of INCREDIBLE information for anyone going through breast cancer. It is also a REALLY INFORMATIVE book for anyone who knows someone with breast cancer. Cancer is one of those things we often don't like to talk about... We fear it~ We shun it~ We run from it~ Yet according to this book 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer... I personally know 3 survivors~ 2 friend and an aunt. I believe we should all learn about it. You may have breast cancer...but breast cancer does not have to have you :) This book has so many tips: *Handling your diagnosis tips *Insurance tips *Doctor tips *Questions to ask tips *Your option tips *Health tips *Your brain on chemo tips *Wig tips *Staying Fearless & Fabulous tips *and so much more! The author is a survivor of breast cancer herself and shares a lot of her journey with us...very interesting! This book will help you stay "sane, focused, and in charge." You can be "fearless & fabulous in the face of breast cancer!"