Learn state-of-the-art skills to build compelling, useful, and fun Web GIS apps easily, with no programming experience required.
Building on the foundation of the previous three editions, Getting to Know Web GIS, fourth edition, features the latest advances in Esri’s entire Web GIS platform, from the cloud server side to the client side.
- Discover and apply what’s new in ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise, Map Viewer, Esri StoryMaps, Web AppBuilder, Survey123, and more.
- Learn about recent Web GIS products such as ArcGIS Experience Builder, ArcGIS Indoors, and ArcGIS QuickCapture. Understand updates in mobile GIS such as ArcGIS Collector and AuGeo, and then build your own web apps.
Each chapter is written for immediate productivity with a good balance of principles and hands-on exercises and includes:
- A conceptual discussion section to give you the big picture and principles,
- A detailed tutorial section with step-by-step instructions,
- A Q/A section to answer common questions,
- An assignment section to reinforce your comprehension, and
- A list of resources with more information.
Ideal for classroom lab work and on-the-job training for GIS students, instructors, GIS analysts, managers, web developers, and other professionals, Getting to Know Web GIS, fourth edition, uses a holistic approach to systematically teach the breadth of the Esri Geospatial Cloud.
To download the instructor slides, tutorial data, and assignment data, visit https://go.esri.com/gtkwebgis4.
About the Author
Pinde Fu leads the ArcGIS Platform Engineering team at Esri Professional Services and teaches at universities including Harvard University Extension School. His specialties include web and mobile GIS technologies and applications in various industries. Several of his projects have won special achievement awards. Fu is the lead author of Web GIS: Principles and Applications (Esri Press, 2010).
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Get started with Web GIS
Chapter 2: Hosted feature layers and storytelling with GIS
Chapter 3: ArcGIS Experience Builder and ArcGIS Web AppBuilder
Chapter 4: Mobile GIS
Chapter 5: Tile layers and on-premises Web GIS
Chapter 6: Spatiotemporal data and real-time GIS
Chapter 7: 3D web scenes
Chapter 8: Spatial analysis and geoprocessing
Chapter 9: Image service and online raster analysis