• An ongoing manga series in Japan—17 volumes released and over 13 million copies sold in Japan to date
• Each volume is a top ten selling manga title in Japan upon release.
• 2.7 million copies sold in Japan in its first year (2004)Vol. 1 through 4
• Gin Tama anime currently running on TV Tokyo.
• Sorachi made his manga debut with the one-shot story DANDELION, which is included in volume 1 of the GIN TAMA graphic novel.
• Previewed and promoted in VIZ Media’s Shonen Jump magazine.
• Originally serialized in Japan’s manga anthology Weekly Shonen Jump.
• Official Japanese Websitehttp://annex.s-manga.net/gintama/main.html
• Translated into Korean and Chinese
The samurai didn't stand a chance. First, the aliens invaded Japan. Next, they took all the jobs. And then they confiscated everyone's swords. So what does a hotheaded former samurai like Sakata "Gin" Gintoki do to make ends meet? Take any odd job that comes his way, even if it means losing his dignity.
Do's and Don'ts for Daddy-Daughter Day:
1. Don't let alien monsters grow exponentially by siphoning energy from space terminals and eating your daughter.
2. Do show your dad you've learned to use your abnormal strength to help othersnot hurt them.
3. Do respect your daughter's planetary preferences, especially when they're in writing.
4. Don't assassinate your daughter's boyfriend.
About the Author
Hideaki Sorachi was born on May 25, 1979 and grew up in Hokkaido, Japan. His ongoing series, GIN TAMA, became a huge hit when it began running in the pages of Japan's Weekly Shonen Jump in 2004. A GIN TAMA animated series followed soon after, premiering on Japanese TV in April 2006. Sorachi made his manga debut with the one-shot story DANDELION, which is included in volume 1 of the GIN TAMA graphic novels.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews