Girls Garage is the only book you'll ever need for a lifetime of tools and building.
Not sure which screws to buy? Need to fix a running toilet? With Girls Garage, you'll have the expertise to tackle these problems with your own hands. Or maybe you want to get creative and build something totally new. A birdhouse? A bookshelf? Girls Garage has you covered. Packed with illustrations that will build confidence for your next hardware store run, practical advice on everything from quick fixes to safety tips, and inspiring stories from real-world builder girls and women, this eye-catching volume makes the technical accessible. This is the guide every girl needs to take her life into her own hands. Girls, grab your tool belts, and get building!
• Informative, inspiring, and designed for everyday use, this is the ultimate book of building and construction for girls.
• A true confidence builder for girls interested in STEM, the building trades, and home improvement.
• Along with founding the nonprofit Girls Garage, Emily Pilloton has spoken at TED, been featured on television shows and the documentary film If You Build It.
Girls Garage will be both a trusted household resource and a wellspring of inspiration and encouragement in the vein of Women in Science and Headstrong: 52 Women Who Changed Science and the World.
• Nonfiction books for women and girls age 14 and up
• Carpentry, home repair, building projects
• Inspiring Kids DIY for teens
|Publisher:||Chronicle Books LLC|
|Product dimensions:||6.50(w) x 1.50(h) x 9.50(d)|
|Age Range:||9 - 12 Years|
About the Author
Emily Pilloton is the Founder and Executive Director of the nonprofit Girls Garage. A designer, builder, and educator, she has taught thousands of young girls how to use power tools, weld, and build projects for their communities. She has presented her work and ideas on the TED stage, The Colbert Report, and in the documentary film If You Build It. She is currently a lecturer in the College of Environmental Design at the University of California, Berkeley, and lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.