Updated for ArcGIS Pro 2.4
GIS Tutorial 1 for ArcGIS® Pro 2.4: A Platform Workbook is an introductory text for learning ArcGIS Pro, the premier professional desktop GIS application. In-depth exercises that use ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and other ArcGIS apps show readers how to make maps, how to create and analyze spatial data, and how to manage systems with GIS.
GIS Tutorial 1 for ArcGIS Pro 2.4: A Platform Workbook engages readers in:
- Obtaining spatial data and building a geodatabase for collecting, editing, and processing data
- Exploring the functionalities of ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and apps; understanding the elements of map design; and creating map layouts, story maps, dashboards, and 3D maps
- Analyzing spatial data using buffers and street network-based service areas, locating facilities, and conducting cluster analysis
- Automating GIS through macros for monitoring and optimal routing of service deliveries with data input in the field using a mobile app
- Carrying out real-world applications for health care, crime, government services, planning, and marketing.
Incorporating proven teaching methods in detailed exercises, "Your Turn" sections, and expanded homework assignments, GIS Tutorial 1 for ArcGIS Pro 2.4: A Platform Workbook is suited to learning GIS in a classroom. Wilpen L. Gorr and Kristen S. Kurland have written the top-selling GIS Tutorial 1: Basic Workbook, GIS Tutorial for Health, and GIS Tutorial for Crime Analysis.
Note: This e-book requires ArcGIS software. You can download the ArcGIS Trial at http://www.esri.com/arcgis/trial, contact your school or business Esri Site License Administrator, or purchase a student or individual license through the Esri Store.
About the Author
Kristen S. Kurland is a professor of architecture, information systems, and public policy at Carnegie Mellon University’s H. John Heinz III College and School of Architecture, where she teaches GIS, BIM, CAD, 3D visualization, and infrastructure management. Her research includes spatial analysis of health issues.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Using and making maps
Chapter 1: ArcGIS Platform
Chapter 2: Map design
Chapter 3: Map outputs for GIS projects
Part 2: Working with spatial data
Chapter 4: File Geodatabases
Chapter 5: Spatial data
Chapter 6: Geoprocessing
Chapter 7: Digitizing
Chapter 8: Geocoding
Part 3: Performing spatial analysis
Chapter 9: Analytical methods
Chapter 10: Raster GIS
Chapter 11: 3D GIS
Part 4: Managing operational systems with GIS
Chapter 12: Tasks and Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS
Chapter 13: ModeLBuilder and Collector for ArcGIS