Glannon Guide to Commercial Paper 3rd Edition / Edition 3 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
The proven Glannon Guide is a user-friendly study aid to use throughout the semester as a great supplement to (or substitute for) classroom lecture. Topics are broken down into manageable pieces and are explained in a conversational tone. Chapters are interspersed with hypotheticals like those posed in the classroom that include analysis of answers to ensure thorough understanding. Additionally, "The Closer" questions pose sophisticated hypotheticals at the end of each chapter to present cumulative review of earlier topics. More like classroom experiences, the Glannon Guide provides you with straightforward explanations of complex legal concepts, often in a humorous style that makes the material stick.
The user-friendly Glannon Guide is your proven partner throughout the semester when you need a supplement to (or substitute for) classroom lecture.
- The material is broken into small, manageable pieces to help you master concepts.
- Multiple-choice questions are interspersed throughout each chapter (not lumped at the end) to mirror the flow of a classroom lecture.
- Correct and incorrect answers are carefully explained; you learn why they do or do not work.
- You can rely on authority; the series was created by Joseph W. Glannon―Harvard-educated, best-selling author of, among other legal texts, Examples & Explanations; Civil Procedure, now in its sixth edition.
- "The Closer" poses a sophisticated problem question at the end of each chapter to test your comprehension.
- A final "Closing Closer" provides you practice opportunity as well as a cumulative review of all the concepts from earlier chapters. You can check your understanding each step of the way.
- More like classroom experiences, these Guides provide straightforward explanations of complex legal concepts, often in a humorous style that makes the material stick.
Table of Contents
1 A Very Short Introduction 1
2 Negotiability 3
3 Parties to the Instrument 27
4 The Underlying Transaction (and "Paid in Full") 41
5 Enforcement of a Lost, Stolen, or Destroyed Instrument - and the PEEI 57
6 Liability on the Instrument (Signers Promise to Pay the PEEI) 65
7 Defenses, Discharge, and Claims to the Instrument 81
8 The Holder in Due Course 95
9 The Rights of a Holder in Due Course (It's Good to Be One) 111
10 Theft, Forgery, Alteration - Warranties 127
11 The Validation Rules: Beware the Bookkeeper, the Impostor, and Yourself 141
12 Conversion (Took from or Paid to a Non-PEEI) 155
13 Guarantors, a.k.a. Accommodation Parties 165
14 The Properly Payable Menu, Subrogation, and the Bank Statement Rule 179
15 Collection and Funds Availability Duties of Depositary Bank: Show Me the Money 203
16 Wrongful Dishonor 217
17 Check Payment (The Tale of the Midnight Deadline) 227
18 Truncation and Electronic Processing of Checks 241
19 Credit Cards: Policy Issues 253
20 Credit Cards: Unauthorized Use and Errors 259
21 Credit Cards: Consumer Buyer Protections 275
22 Debit Cards and Other Consumer Wire Transfers: The Electronic Funds Transfer Act 285
23 Commercial Wire Transfers 299
24 Commercial Wire Transfers: Errors and Fraud 311
25 Letters of Credit 327
26 Closing Closers 343