Considers the key international issues in education and investigates the changes stemming from the rapid social, economic and cultural transformations associated with globalization.
About the Author
Robin Shields is a Senior Lecturer in Education Studies (Global Education) in the School of Education at Bath Spa University, UK.
Table of Contents
Series Editors' Preface Simon Pratt-Adams and Richard Race
1. Education and International Development
2. Redefining Development: Education for All
3. Critiquing Education and International Development
4. Education in Conflicts and Emergencies
5. Conceptualizing Globalization and Education
6. Education and the Global Knowledge Economy
7. International Discourses on ICT in Education
8. Globalization in Higher Education