Glycemic Index Food Guide by Shari Lieberman
Transitions Lifestyle Easy-to-Use Glycemic Index Food Guide
From one of America's leading nutritionists comes an easy-to-use guide to the glycemic index of a wide range of common foods and beverages. Designed to be used at home or on the go, this will quickly become the first resource you turn to whenever you want to select a food that can help you reach your health and dietary goals.
• Provides both the glycemic index and the glycemic load of hundreds of foods and beverages, including raw foods, cooked foods, and popular combination and prepared foods.
• Makes foods easy to find by listing them both singly and under helpful categories.
• Includes tips within the listings to guide you towards the best food choices. 1 Provides lists of ethnic foods for use at your favorite restaurant.
• Presents easy-to-understand explanations of glycemic index, glycemic load, and other important terms.
• Expands your food choices by helping you integrate high-glycemic index foods into your diet.
• Explains how the glycemic index can help you manage a range of disorders, from diabetes to cardiovascular disease.
• Answers commonly asked questions about carbohydrates, blood glucose, and the glycemic index.
Whether you are interested in controlling your glucose levels to manage your diabetes, lose weight, increase your heart health, boost your energy level, or simply improve your overall well-being, Transitions Lifestyle System Glycemic Index Food Guide is the best place to start.