"gmax Bible covers every detail that a wannabe game designer could need."
-Rob Smith, Editor-in-Chief, PC Gamer
If gmax can do it, you can do it too . . .
If you delight in mod-building, want to tweak your favorite games for ongoing challenges, or dream of a career in game-making, this book and gmax are your dream team. gmax provides a "lite" version of the tools found in the high-priced 3ds max suite, and this comprehensive guide teaches you how to use all their cool tricks. You'll soon become adept at building characters, terrain, basic animation, textures, and light sources, and exporting them directly to supported game formats.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of gmax
• Discover the gmax interface and learn how to transform, group, and link objects
• Build custom game content with modeling methods including splines, shapes, meshes, patches, and compound objects
• Learn to change an object's look with modifiers
• Create and animate characters using Bones, Inverse Kinematics, and Skin
• Use the Material Editor to apply materials and texture maps to objects
• Learn the basics of animating with keyframes and achieve complex animations with controllers
• Explore the gmax game packs and create custom content for Dungeon Siege, Flight Simulator, Quake III Arena, and Trainz
• Freeware copy of gmax
• The Ultimate Trainz Collection Demo and Combat Flight Simulator 3 Demo, plus other game demos and game packs
• Game content created with gmax by other users
• A collection of 3D models
• All examples and content from the book
|Series:||Bible Series , #62|
|Product dimensions:||7.25(w) x 9.46(h) x 2.04(d)|
About the Author
With a background in engineering and computer graphics, Kelly has been all over the 3D industry from high-level CAD workstations and large-scale visualization projects to creating 3D models for feature films, working as a freelance 3D artist, and even some 3D programming.
Kelly’s been using 3D Studio since version 3 for DOS and has been a serious gamer even longer. His favorite games are first person shooters, and he can stand his own in most deathmatches.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Undamaged book! Like a brand new edition. The CD wa undamaged, too - in very good condition! Thank you very much for You All! Tibor