As many economies around the world are growing rapidly and numerous organizations are expanding their international operations, job seekers who want to take advantage of the globalization wave can start building a successful career today.
GO GLOBAL! Launching an International Career Here or Abroad is the go-to resource that reveals how students and young professionals can tackle this exciting yet daunting challenge of developing the necessary skills to identify and land a job in a world that has become increasingly interconnected and global in the past decade. GO GLOBAL! is based on international careers expert Stacie Berdan's and other experts’ years of experience working globally and across sectors and industries. An international career does not necessarily mean moving abroad but rather a global mindset. In the book you'll find the following broad topics:
• Why today’s workers need global skills to compete in an increasingly competitive global workplace, whether at home or abroad;
• How job seekers can develop international qualifications, build a global resume and identify high-growth sectors, industries and markets that are hiring;
• Increasing importance of foreign language and cross-cultural skills and how to develop them; and
• Sharing the ups and downs of working internationally, including fast-tracking career benefits.
The book is filled with practical advice, success strategies and top tips readers can follow easily, such as:
• Deciding If Going Global is Right for You: 15 Questions to Ask Yourself
• Increasing Your Chances of Getting a Global Assignment: Top 10 Tips from the Experts
• Building Your International Qualifications: 5 Skills You Need & 10 Tips to Grow the Global You
• Developing a Successful job-search Strategy: 4 Critical Steps Every Globalist Should Take
• Getting Ready to Work in China: 12 Tips from a Seasoned China Hand
For those interested in pursuing a career in or with China, GO GLOBAL! includes a full chapter on this critically important market, written by a seasoned China business woman and author of numerous books on China, Rebecca Weiner.
GO GLOBAL! helps you tackle today's global marketplace head on and have fun along the way. It gives you the strategies you need to develop a global mindset, build an international resume and launch an international career.
|Publisher:||SNB Media LLC|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||592 KB|
About the Author