God tells us to “Go!” Let’s do it! Don't get left behind. God’s mission for us and our churches is more exciting and rewarding than we can possibly imagine. This book gives tactics to get your church moving forward in mission by looking at biblical passages where God commands us to “Go!” God calls us to break stereotypes and witness in surprising and unexpected ways.
God tells us to “Go!” but most churches don’t. We all know that we are supposed to go and make disciples to transform the world, but drag our feet or sometimes simply refuse. Dr. Mark Teasdale says it doesn’t have to be that way. There is a wide range of options available to us. We don’t have to be held back. God’s mission for us and our churches is more exciting and rewarding than we can possibly imagine. We don’t have to worry about winning or losing, succeeding or failing. We aren’t responsible for the results, but we are called to obey and go were God leads.
|Publisher:||United Methodist General Board of Higher|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
Introduction: Great Commission or Great Congregation?
- Retreat Forward (Genesis 7:1-4; Proverbs 28:12, 28)
- Follow God’s Lead (Exodus 4:27; Exodus 7:15; Joshua 6:22)
- Get Consecrated (Leviticus 10:9; Joshua 4:5; Haggai 1:8)
- Standing Firm (Nehemiah 5:10-14)
- Avoiding the Exile (Isaiah 2:10, 5:13, Jeremiah 20:6; Ezekiel 12:4; Nahum 3:11)
- Reconcile with Each Other and God (Matthew 5:24; Acts 6:1-7; Luke 12:58; 2 Corinthians 5:20)
- It’s OK to Party! (Deuteronomy 32:49; Ecclesiastes 9:7-10; Isaiah 55:12
- The Secrets of Being a Missional Congregation (1 Peter 3:12)
Afterword and Additional Resources