Goddess Matters: The Mystical, Practical, & Controversial, presents an in-depth look at today's global trends in Goddess spirituality and emerging Goddess religions. It received two finalist awards in the 2012 International Book Awards (in the categories "Spirituality: General" and "Women's Issues). The book covers a wide range of subjects, some of them rarely discussed in other books. These include contemporary Goddess temples and conferences, Goddess ethics, various controversies, practical approaches to sexual risks, responses to natural disasters, emerging Goddess figures in Judaism and Christianity, and cutting edge thought that relates Goddess and science. The book also has chapters on intuitive and psychic work, death and the possibility of "afterlife," various approaches to spirituality and religion, and a look at the probable future of Goddess spirituality. There are also chapters with definitions of terms used to discuss religion, and words used to describe psychic work. This is Judith Laura's third Goddess book.
|Publisher:||Open Sea Press|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.46(d)|
|Age Range:||18 Years|
About the Author
Table of Contents
1. At the Crossroads
2. The Curious Case of ‘Cakes’
3. Overview of Other Trends
4. Naming Ourselves ‘Goddessian’
5. Emerging Goddess Figures in Christianity
6. Goddess in Judaism
7. Brief Definitions
8. Goddess As Flow
9. Questioning Ethics
10. Confronting Challenges to Faith
11. What’s Your Spiritual Approach?
12. Why Not ‘Feminine Divine’?
13. Mother, Maiden, Crone―and Queen?
14. Warrior Goddesses?
15. What’s Missing From ‘The Gods’?
16. Do We Design Own Reality?
17. Psychic Words
18. Psychic Gifts
19. How Does Tarot Work?
20. Is It Channeling—or Something Else?
PRACTICAL THEALOGY & APPLIED METAPHYSICS
22. Physical Disabilities & Goddess Events
23. Goddess Beliefs & Sexual Risks
24. Taking Death Personally
25. Passing of a Generation
26. Why Goddess Temples?
27. Trends for Growth
28. The Cutting Edge
About Judith Laura