In his fourth God’s Generals volume, Roberts Liardon chronicles God’s great healing evangelists of the twentieth century. Journey with such paragons of faith as:
- Oral Roberts—one of the most influential Christian leaders in the twentieth century, Roberts had a healing ministry that spread from rural tent meetings to a world-class university, hospital, and medical school.
- Lester Sumrall—after being miraculously healed of tuberculosis as a boy, Sumrall dedicated the rest of his life to sharing the gospel and God’s healing power with audiences around the world, both in person and through television broadcasts.
- Charles and Frances Hunter—often called the “Happy Hunters,” Charles and Frances were known around the world as two of the most anointed and enthusiastic evangelists on earth.
- George Jeffreys—this Welsh Pentecostal preacher ministered along with his brother Stephen at camps, conventions, and church meetings across England and Ireland, with reports of miraculous healings and other acts of God accompanying them.
- F. F. Bosworth—a Depression-era Pentecostal faith healer and one of the founders of the Assemblies of God, Bosworth was known during the 1920s for his interdenominational “big tent” revivals and large auditorium healing meetings.
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
Born in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Roberts Liardon is a leading Protestant church historian. He founded Roberts Liardon Ministries, along with Embassy Christian Center, Embassy Ministerial Association, Spirit Life Bible College, and Operation 500. He also founded the Reformers and Revivalists Historical Museum. At seventeen, Liardon published his first book, I Saw Heaven, which sold over 1.5 million copies and catapulted him into the public eye. To date, Liardon’s books, including the God’s Generals series, have sold over 15 million copies worldwide and have been translated into more than 60 languages. Liardon’s DVD series God’s Generals became one of the bestselling Christian DVD series in history. Having ministered in over 125 countries to members of the public and to world leaders, Liardon is also recognized internationally. In addition to being an author and a church historian, he is a public speaker, a spiritual leader, and a humanitarian. Liardon continues to manage and expand his international headquarters in Sarasota, Florida, and his office in London, England.
Table of Contents
Foreword R. T. Kendall 9
1 "Healing Pioneer" F. F. Bosworth 11
2 "Great Britain's Pentecostal Apostle" George Jeffreys 49
3 "Running with a Heavenly Vision" Lester Sumrall 95
4 "Expect a Miracle!" Oral Roberts 153
5 Charles and Frances Hunter "If We Can Do It, You Can Do It!" 253
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
When I was a teenager my youth group did a study using "God's Generals" by Roberts Liardon and I remember it to now. So when I got the chance to read his new book focusing on the healing evangelists I was excited. Roberts is a master of history and bringing it to life. This book doesn't disappoint and I was very pleased to see that the series is continuing on. Excellent!