"This provocative book takes a wide-ranging look at religion and its place in our past, present, and future - and challenges readers to rethink God's true nature." (BookBub editorial)
Author Steven Colborne is on a mission to awaken people to the reality that a sovereign God exists who is actively unfolding all events in creation. A first-class graduate with a postgraduate certificate in Philosophy and Religion, Colborne is the author of more than a dozen books in the philosophical theology genre.
God's Grand Game is Colborne's chief philosophical work and is the result of more than ten years of study and reflection by the author in relation to the divine sovereignty versus human free will predicament. In the book's eight parts and forty-five short chapters, and with reference to leading contemporary philosophers and theologians, the following questions are addressed:
- How can we be sure God exists?
- Do we have free will?
- Is God in control of evil and sin?
- Why would God cause severe suffering?
- Is it logical to be a Christian if God is the cause of suffering?
- Is God's plan for there to be religious pluralism, or is Christianity the only true religion?
- What will be the religious future of humankind?
...and many more questions besides.
As well as having written several bestsellers in Amazon's philosophy categories, Steven Colborne is well known for his website Perfect Chaos. The site was recognised by FeedSpot as a Top 10 UK blog in both the Philosophy and Theology categories in 2018 and at the time of writing has over 6000 subscribers from more than 200 different countries.
God's Grand Game is the most comprehensive and articulate exposition of Colborne's philosophical perspective to date and is highly recommended reading for anyone interested in philosophy, religion, or spirituality.
Related collections and offers
|Product dimensions:||5.00(w) x 8.00(h) x 0.56(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
THE NATURE OF GOD
1. How Do I Know God Exists?
2. The Cosmic Animator
3. What Are God’s Attributes?
4. God in Inanimate Objects
5. Determinism and the Nature of God
6. Does God Have Foreknowledge?
7. The Creativity of God
8. The Aseity of God
THE HUMAN MIND AND GOD
10. God’s Control of Mental States
11. Modes of Mind
12. What is Causing Our Thoughts?
13. The Experience of Understanding
14. Hearing Voices or Hearing God?
CHRISTIANITY AND GOD
15. God’s Grand Game
16. Is Jesus the Only Way?
17. The Myth of the Fall
18. The Confusion of Calvinism
19. Molinism Refuted
20. Jesus the Creator?
21. The Authority of Scripture
22. What Prayer Reveals About God
23. Materialism and Free Will
24. The Bible and Free Will
26. Open Theism
27. Divine Conservation and Occasionalism
28. Divine Omnipotence and Free Will
MORALITY AND GOD
29. Dimensions of Reality
30. Do Good and Evil Exist Objectively?
31. The Agony of God
32. Bringing Good out of Evil
33. Do We All Deserve Hell?
SCIENCE AND GOD
34. Why I Believe in God and Also Love Science
35. Cause and Effect
36. Reflections on Time
37. What is Truth?
38. Creation and Evolution
MY PHILOSOPHY AND THE WORLD RELIGIONS
40. The Abrahamic Religions
41. There Is No Enlightenment
44. Interfaith Dialogue
THE CHURCH OF THE FUTURE
45. The Church of the Future
Thank You For Reading
Web Links and Contact Details
Also by Steven Colborne