Whether you’re moving from Microsoft Office to Google Docs or simply want to learn how to automate Docs with Google Apps Script, this practical guide shows you by example how to work with each of the major Apps Script services.
- Use App Script’s equivalent of Excel’s object model
- Target the most commonly used parts of Microsoft Word
- Automate processes in Gmail, Calendar, and Contacts
- Access the local client filesystem with Google Drive
- Build and run applications in a browser
- Store persistent data conveniently
- Render HTML content in response to HTTP requests
- Automate the maintenance and creation of pages and content
- Interact with a REST service or NoSQL database
- Access Apps Script capabilities from other platforms
|Publisher:||O'Reilly Media, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||6.90(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.10(d)|
About the Author
Bruce is a veteran IT practitioner with 30+ years as CIO, Chief Architect, and many other roles—mainly in large global enterprises such as Motorola and Lucent. With expertise in each of Google, Microsoft and Oracle technologies, his main interest is in integration. For a number of years he has been running a range of popular sites and blogs providing advice and assistance on transition connectivity.Bruce is a GDE (Google developer expert) specializing in Apps Script.