Winner, 2015 Plutus Award for Best New Personal Finance Book
Few people other than close friends and family knew I suffered a financial disaster after loaning money to my husband's startup. Plus, I uncovered a shocking secret he kept for a decade.
I felt stupid, ashamed, and embarrassed.
Here you can read riveting, true stories of ordinary people like me who faced financial hardships thanks to someone else's wrongdoing.
• Did you co-sign a car loan for an underemployed boyfriend who left you with lousy credit?
• Did you discover after the wedding that your fiancée hid piles of debt?
• Does your sister take advantage of your elderly parent?
• Did your partner waste your household savings on gambling or drugs?
Get common-sense tips to prevent financial calamities and deal with the aftermath.
Dozens of anecdotes will keep you spellbound, while also giving you hope for recovery if you've had your assets kicked by friends or family members.
Fascinating, terrifying, incredibly helpful ...
- Gerri Detweiler, credit expert, author, and host of "Talk Credit Radio"
Candor, clear-cut advice, and a touch of healthy sarcasm make this book not only valuable but also fun to read.
- Lois P. Frankel, Ph.D., author of Nice Girls Don't Get Rich
The go-to financial guide when romantic love or family ties threaten to cloud your judgment. Savvy, insightful and sympathetic, Valerie Rind tackles taboo money matters without blame or scolding.
- Leah Klungness, Ph.D., psychologist and co-author of The Complete Single Mother
The author compassionately weaves compelling stories of well-meaning and often intelligent everyday people who fall prey to desperate and sociopathic friends, lovers and relatives.
- Barry Paperno, credit expert and writer at SpeakingOfCredit.com
This isn't just a tell-all. Writing in a witty and engaging style, Rind equips the reader with the knowledge they need to avoid these scenarios.
- Beverly Harzog, consumer credit expert and author of Confessions of a Credit Junkie
... A game changer in the world of personal finance education ... Ms. Rind makes personal finance about personal responsibility again - rather than our insatiable need to people please and make others comfortable.
- Patrice Washington, best-selling author of Real Money Answers for Every Woman
|Publisher:||VSJ Enterprises, LLC|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.51(d)|
About the Author