(The updated edition of this book for the Nexus 7, Nexus 9, and Android 5 Lollipop is also available.)
Perfect for new and experienced users, this no-fluff guide to the Google Nexus 7 tablet is packed with tips and details on apps, services, settings, and documents. You'll also find step-by-step instructions for dictating, networking, sharing, troubleshooting, going online, and using Google Now.
New apps and features covered include Camera, Clock, Google Keep, Android Device Manager, Play Games, Quick Settings, Lock-screen widgets, multiple users, restricted profiles, HDMI screen mirroring, external displays, Miracast, wireless charging, app verification, gesture typing, printing, cellular (LTE/HSPA+) connections, privacy options, Hangouts, the notification light, the remodeled Google Play store, and the updated versions of Chrome, Gmail, and Maps.
- Covers all Nexus 7 models and Android 4.4 (KitKat).
- Covers all Google Play edition (pure Android) tablets, including the LG G Pad 8.3.
- Master the Home screen, Lock screen, and multitouch gestures.
- Secure your data from thieves, snoops, and rogue apps.
- Locate a lost or stolen Nexus remotely.
- Work with onscreen or wireless keyboards.
- Get instant search results for documents, pictures, music, mail, apps, contacts, and more.
- Summon Google Now to get personalized information when you need it.
- Ask Google Search to find nearby businesses, set alarms, search the web, and more.
- Dictate anywhere that you can type.
- Connect to wireless networks with a few taps.
- Set up cellular, Bluetooth, and VPN connections.
- Mirror your tablet's screen to your TV.
- Back up your data to the cloud.
- Transfer files to and from your Windows PC or Apple Mac computer.
- Sync your documents, mail, contacts, appointments, reminders, notes, and messages wirelessly across your computers and mobile devices.
- See all your notifications in one place.
- Browse the web with Chrome.
- Watch and subscribe to videos on the YouTube app.
- Send, receive, and manage your email with Gmail or Email.
- Chat with family and friends on Hangouts.
- Post to Twitter or Facebook right from the app you're using.
- Manage your day-to-day life with Calendar, People, Google Keep, and Clock.
- Find your way with Maps.
- Download apps, games, and updates from the Google Play store.
- Connect to Google's online multiplayer social gaming network.
- Play music, movies, TV shows, and other media downloaded from the Google Play store.
- Capture, edit, and share photos and videos with Camera and Gallery.
- Care for your Nexus and troubleshoot problems.
- Plenty of tips, tricks, and timesavers.
- Fully cross-referenced, linked, and searchable.
1. Getting Started with Your Nexus 7
2. Touring Your Nexus
3. Securing Your Nexus
4. Typing & Editing
5. Wireless & Network Connections
6. Managing Your Accounts & Data
7. Connecting to Computers
8. Getting Notifications
9. Google Now
10. Google Search
11. Browsing the Web with Chrome
12. Watching YouTube Videos
13. Email, Messaging & Keeping in Touch
14. Organizing Your Life
15. Shopping for Apps, Games & Media
16. Maps & Navigation
17. Shooting, Viewing & Managing Photos
18. Nexus Care & Troubleshooting
|Publisher:||Questing Vole Press|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||4 MB|
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I need help on getting a good tablet.
THIS IS THE BEST WARRIORS STORY EVER! YOU ARE SUCH A NATURAL! WHEN YOU GROW UP YOU SHOULD BE AN AUTHOR AND WRITE STORIES ABOUT CATS!
HOLY PLOT TWIST!!
Shard heard the yowls even before he reached the camp.<br>Adder's group was barely fending off the other rogues. Already some lay dead, and not all were the intruders'.<br>With a yowl Shard leaped onto the back of the nearest cat, his claws already dug in as his fangs sink into the rogue's neck. The rogue stood on his hind legs, slashing the air and twisting around in a vain attempt to shake the smaller cat off. Finally he started to lean back so he could crush Shard. Realizing this, Shard crawled around the cat's body onto his belly, tearing it up as the cat fell back heavily. Shard's claw caught in the rogue's throat and stuck, and the cat sputtered blood before convulsing and growing still.<br>Shard barely took one breath before a weight landed on his back. He rolled onto his back, not to crush his opponent but to keep from getting flattened. He leaped away and slashed at his assailant's face before he froze. The other cat grinned.<br>"Hello, Shardflight."<br>Everything seemed to slow down around them, and Shard realized he was shaking his head–no, no, this can't be real–despite the fact that he'd expected this, he'd known his father would be here. Or maybe it was the scars. The tom had a set of slashes running across his face, not including the already-bleeding wound Shard had inflicted. They were relatively fresh, maybe a half-moon old at most.<br>When Shard replied, his voice was surprisingly strong and unwavering. "It's Shard now."<br>His father laughed, a rough, terrifying sound. "Of course. We wouldn't want you to have a Clan name now!"<br>Shard hissed and leaped at him. He peppered the cat with blows, hissing out a word with each one. "You...are...not...my...FATHER!"<br>The huge rogue kicked him in the stomach, sending him flying away. "Believe what you want–it won't change the truth!"<br>"That's right," said a new voice.<br>Shard froze. He knew that voice. He knew the cat that had it. He recognized the lazy speech, the sleepy tone. He turned, facing the cat he never thought he'd see here. Not in a fight like this. Not with a group.<br>Not with cats that wanted him dead.<br>Shard turned, coming face-to-face with Rocky.<br>The skinny cat grinned. "Hiya, bro."<br>"No...you..." Shard couldn't speak. He was numb. His brother was fighting on the side of the father that wanted to kill them both? ROCKY was FIGHTING? What was wrong with the world?<br>Rocky nodded. "Yeah, it's me. I betcha didn't think ya'd see me here."<br>Their father grinned. "When I found him, I was going to kill him. But it turns out he's quite the fighter...so I let him join."<br>Shard was in shock, but not enough that he couldn't see the glint of hatred in his brother's eyes. 'But who is it directed at?'<br>"So, here's what's gonna happen," Rocky explained. "Me and dear ol' Dad here are gonna gang up on you. But we ain't gonna kill ya; we're gonna subdue ya. Then alla us are gonna go back to our base and leave your guys alone, and we're gonna torture you there just for the funna it. 'Kay?"<br>Then Shard turned, and his father was lunging at him, fangs and claws bared.<p>That might've been a surprise to you; it might not have been. I just wanted a plot twist before it got boring. Expect more. So Sunday, I was going to write the chapter, but I fell asleep and couldn't get to it until today. Anywho. I appreciate comments of just about every kind because I feel like no one's reading this. I don't know. Blarg. So. Next chapter. Wednesday. I hope to see you then.