This straight-talking book cuts through the green energy hype and explains how grid-connected homeowners can be smart about their energy future. Solar and wind-generated electricity, solar water heating, passive solar techniques and geothermal heating/cooling will enable homeowners to become self-sufficient while protecting themselves from rising utility rates and grid blackouts. With financial incentives now available, the time is perfect to utilize nature's free energy.
• Why invest in renewable energy for your home?
• Is it legal and safe?
• How solar electricity works
• Grid-tied solar and wind systems, with and without batteries
• Sizing your solar/wind system
• What does it cost?
• Any financial help out there?
• Permits & Paperwork
• The Nuts & Bolts: what to look for, what to avoid
• Who does the solar/wind installation?
• Using the sun's warmth to heat your home NEW
• Solar hot water (thermal) systems NEW
• Geothermal heating and cooling NEW
• Appendix: manufacturers, web resources, state energy offices, sizing worksheets, glossary, and more
|Publisher:||PixyJack Press, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 7.90(h) x 0.50(d)|