If tuna casserole is the most exciting meal you've made lately, let Gourmet Cooking For Dummies come to your culinary rescue! In a matter of minutes, you can create mouthwatering dishes -- from soups to sauces to zesty vegetarian delights and seafood masterpieces -- that are guaranteed to impress your family and friends.
Inside, you'll discover how to
- Set up your gourmet kitchen with the right pots and pans, tools, and spices
- Prepare sauces, soups, vegetable dishes, seafood creations, desserts, and more with a minimum of ingredients
- Create complete menus for any occasion, from a meal with your boss to a summer buffet
- Bring the world into your kitchen with recipes for ethnically inspired dishes
- Use Charlie's top-secret cooking tips to make gourmet cooking fun and easy
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This is perhaps one of the most accessible (and affordable) `celebrity¿ cookbooks on the market today. The depth of explanation is remarkable compared to Trotter¿s other books, many of which serve only to stoke the ego of a wealthy restaurateur. Gourmet Cooking for Dummies breaks down many of the barriers associated with fine cooking. By explaining techniques (many of which are very simple), Trotter¿s book allows readers to expose themselves to food and cooking to an extent previously limited to picture books dedicated to food (as many of Trotter¿s other books are). A great learning tool for beginners, and a reference for the rest of us. Highly recommended.