Government in America: People, Politics and Policy with LP.com access card / Edition 10 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
- Pearson Education
Understanding how our political system works and the consequences of the policies that the government makes is critically important because those policies directly affect each of us. Through its emphasis on the relationship between politics and public policy, its lively writing style, and its effective text features, Government in America engages the reader and consistently demonstrates the fact that politics matter.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.75(w) x 1.12(h) x 11.25(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Introducing Government in America.
I. CONSTITUTIONAL FOUNDATIONS.
2. The Constitution.
4. Civil Liberties and Public Policy.
5. Civil Rights and Public Policy.
II. PEOPLE AND POLITICS.
6. Public Opinion and Political Action.
7. The Mass Media and the Political Agenda.
8. Political Parties.
9. Nominations and Campaigns.
10. Elections and Voting Behavior.
11. Interest Groups.
III. THE POLICYMAKERS.
13. The Presidency.
14. The Congress, the President, and the Budget: The Politics of Taxing and Spending.
15. Federal Bureaucracy.
16. The Federal Courts.
17. Economic Policymaking.
18. Social Welfare Policymaking.
19. Policymaking for Health Care and the Environment.
20. Foreign and Defense Policymaking.
V. STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT.
21. The New Face of State and Local Government.
Key Terms In Spanish.