Grammar Simplified / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
Part of Longman's Simplified series, Grammar Simplified offers a concise and affordable introduction to Standard English.
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.00(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.30(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Recognizing Sentences.
3. Nouns in the Singular and Plural.
4. Pronouns I.
5. Pronouns II.
6. Pronouns III.
7. Pronouns IV.
Summary of Pronouns and their Uses (Lessons 4-7).
8. Pronouns and Agreement, Including Sexism.
9. Subject of a Sentence.
11. Verbs as a Group of Words.
12. Agreement of Subject and Verb I.
13. Agreement of Subject and Verb II.
14. Agreement of Subject and Verb III.
15. Agreement of Subject and Verb IV.
16. Agreement of Subject and Verb V.
Review Practices (lessons 1-16).
17. Simple and Compound Sentences, Including Information on Coordinate Conjunctions and Run-On Sentences.
18. Phrases, Independent and Subordinate Clauses
19. Complex and Compound-Complex Sentences.
20: Verb Tense I.
21. Verb Tense II.
22. Progressive Verb Tense.
23. Linking Verbs and Verb Voice.
24. Verb Mood.
26. Comparative and Superlative Degrees of Adjectives.
27. Adverbs Including the Comparative and Superlative Degrees.
29. Words Showing Ownership or Possession.
30. Verbals—Participles, Gerunds, and Infinitives.
31. Special Usage Problems.
Post-test of Lessons 1-31.
Appendix I: Irregular Verbs.
Appendix II: Punctuation.
Tips for Abbreviation and Capitalization Inside Front Cover.
Revision and Editing Checklists Inside Back Cover.