Comprehensive, Rigorous Prep for the GRE.
Every year, students pay $1,000 and more to test prep companies to prepare for the GRE. Now you can get the same preparation in a book. GRE Prep Course provides the equivalent of a 2-month, 50-hour course.
Although the GRE is a difficult test, it is a very learnable test. GRE Prep Course presents a thorough analysis of the GRE and introduces numerous analytic techniques that will help you immensely, not only on the GRE but in graduate school as well.
• Math: Twenty-two chapters provide comprehensive review of GRE math.
• Verbal: Develop the ability to spot places from which questions are likely to be drawn as you read a passage (pivotal words, counter-premises, etc.). Also, learn the 4000 essential GRE words.
• Writing: Comprehensive analysis of the writing task, including writing techniques, punctuation, grammar, rhetoric, and style.
• Mentor Exercises: These exercises provide hints, insight, and partial solutions to ease your transition from seeing GRE problems solved to solving them on your own.
Also includes a Comprehensive, Free Online Course!
• Ask Questions! Our instructors login to StudyDesk to answer your questions. StudyDesk also records the step where you make a mistake or ask a question. This is just one of many powerful educational tools in StudyDesk.
• Highly Interactive: You can take notes, view solutions, view reports, etc.
• Versatile: You can access the course from any computer at any time.
• Statistics: Your performance on theexercises is saved and you may review your performance and check solutions at any time. Also, you can check your ranking based on all students taking the course.
Also includes GRE test prep software!
Mentor Mode: In Mentor Mode, you are immediately told whether you answered a problem correctly, and you can immediately view a detailed solution of the problem.
Test Mode: In Test Mode, you can take a GRE test timed and scored by the program. "
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I took the GRE for the first time in November 2004. I used books like Princeton Review and Peterson's material put out by ETS. I used these books to study mostly on my weak area, math. I decided to take the test again in December 2005. I only studied math and used only your book. It was hard at first. The book was different than the rest -- it actually had hard math problems in small print on 300 pages, instead of large print baby problems like in the Princeton Review. I've never done well in math, but your book made sense. It made the other prep books seem like they were written to make you have to take the test twice. Anyway, when the date to the test came around, I felt prepared. I got up at 4 AM on the morning of the test to drive 2 hrs. to the testing site. On my way, my car started to have problems. I called my mechanic uncle and he said the car wouldn't make it. I was passing the airport, so I pulled into a rental car place, rented a car and got myself there with minutes to spare. Two hours late, I got my scores. I got 10 points lower on my verbal, and 240 points higher on my math! Your book works. Thank you, Leah
This book really is a rip off. The scoring is screwed up, the cd rom does not work and they refuse to return my money. I contacted Nova Press and Jeff Kolby wouldn't even return my call. You make your own decision about where to spend your money but that proves it's all about the bucks.
GRE Prep Course is the best GRE book available--Beth Olivares--Director, McNair Program, University of Rochester
I am so frustrated with this book. The problems sets are absurdly difficult and discouraging compared to what was actually on the test, and the explanations are completely inadequate in both verbal and math sections. In math especially the explanations don't show you or elaborate on how they get from one step to the next in the answer breakdown. Ended up buying a Barrons and Princeton Review version. Much more user friendly and helpful. Don't waste your money. Also the CD which attracted me to the book in the first place is a dissappointment, and is rinky-dink.
This is simply a collection of unrelated thoughts joined together in a big bundle with one goal: to get your hard earned money. Don't do it.
This book really needs some work. It misses the focus of the GRE test in the writing section, the math is wrong and the scoring system does not mirror the real test.