Want Boys to Read Books?
Give them books they WANT to read!
"This book should be in school libraries everywhere. It is a treasure trove of information that is engagingly written that makes one feel they are in a great classroom with a great instructor sharing his knowledge in a fun way." --Top 500 Amazon Reviewer
Great Battles for Boys is the best-selling history series that sends young readers “into the fight.” Boys learn about the military leaders, weapons, and strategies that won—or lost—the world's most important military battles.
Perfect for Reluctant Readers!
Filled with historic photographs, maps, and short, powerful chapters, "Great Battles for Boys" captures the attention of even reluctant readers. History leaps off the page through the blood, sweat, and sacrifice of men at war.
In this episode of the best-selling series learn about some of America's greatest battles:
- Bunker Hill: When ragtag colonists fought the mighty British Red Coats—and won.
- Saratoga: Untrained American militias taught British General "Gentleman Johnny" Burgoyne a hard lesson.
- Gettysburg: The devastating slaughter of brother against brother in the Civil War, provoking Lincoln to issue the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Antietam: The crucial invasion, gone horribly wrong.
- Vicksburg: One Southern city struggling to survive General U.S. Grant's siege.
- Little Big Horn: What really happened at Custer's Last Stand?
- The Alamo: Find out why Texans say, "Remember the Alamo!"
- San Jacinto: One of the world's shortest battles and a surprise victory that won America its southwestern territory.
- The Rough Riders: Teddy Roosevelt, medal of honor winner, and the men who took San Juan Hill.
- The Lost Battalion of WWI: Some of the brave Americans who fought for survival in the Great War.
"Combining his uniquely conversational style with myriad historical facts, plenty of interesting photos, and lots of fascinating, little-known anecdotes, Joe takes readers “behind the scenes” and helps them to experience this vitally important chapter in our Nation’s history."
The Reverend Charles F. Reynolds Chief Warrant Officer 3, USMC, Ret.
|Publisher:||Rolling Wheelhouse Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.25(d)|
About the Author