Are you ready to unlock your potential in testing and college admissions? From one of the world’s most sought-after test prep tutors comes a playbook to help millions of families achieve transformational success in the SAT or ACT—and beyond.
In Great Expectations, Chris Ajemian takes students and parents on a journey through the high-stakes world of standardized testing to accelerate families towards the scores and schools of their dreams. Packed with insights from Chris’s experience as the founder and CEO of CATES Tutoring, a fellow of Harvard’s Innovation Lab, and the Co-Chair of HIVE at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, this concise and practical guide offers context for how families should approach the test preparation process—which can simultaneously serve as a powerful tool for students’ wider self-development.
Testers often suffer from the misconception that scoring well is only about learning the “content.” Great Expectations breaks down the components of successful test-taking while uncovering the realities of the SAT and ACT, advising on best practices to guarantee scores, and suggesting strategies to overcome academic, psychological, emotional, and physical barriers to success.
Throughout the book, you’ll also:
- Learn what’s really required from top-scoring students: your commitment to the process, how much time you should spend on prep, and how you can study smarter to achieve your goals
- Find out how test scores influence your likelihood of admission at America’s top colleges—as well as how to choose the school that’s truly best for you
- Discover what your diagnostic scores mean and how much you can improve
- Master the essentials for success across test content, testing strategies, and the often-overlooked “soft skills” that are critical for high scores
- Brush up on how parents can best support their kids and approach the test prep process in a healthy, collaborative, and productive manner
Culminating in a downloadable fifty-step Test Prep Roadmap, which provides a clear and concrete preparation schedule to follow in the months leading up to the test, Great Expectations sets readers on their own path to SAT/ACT success. Guaranteed.