Green Biocomposites: Design and Applications available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Springer International Publishing
This book introduces the concept, design and application of green biocomposites, with a specific focus on the current demand for green biocomposites for automotive and aerospace components.
It discusses the mathematical background, innovative approaches to physical modelling, analysis and design techniques. Including numerous illustrations, tables, case studies and exercises, the text summarises current research in the field.
It is a valuable reference resource for researchers, students and scientists working in the field of materials science.
About the Author
Dr. Mohammad Jawaid, PhD is currently working as Fellow Researcher (Associate Professor), at Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia and also Visiting Professor at Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since June 2013. Previously he worked as Visiting Lecturer, Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and also worked as Expatriate Lecturer under UNDP project with Ministry of Education of Ethiopia at Adama University, Ethiopia. He received his Ph.D. from Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia. He has more than 10 years of experience in teaching, research, and industries. His area of research interests includes Hybrid Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Advance Materials: Graphene/Nanoclay/Fire Retardant, Lignocellulosic Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Modification and Treatment of Lignocellulosic Fibres and Solid Wood, Nano Composites and Nanocellulose fibres, Polymer blends.So far he has published 4 book, 12 book chapters, and more than 130 International journal papers and 4 Published review paper under Top 25 hot articles in science direct during 2014-2015. He is also the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of Malaysian Polymer Journal and reviewer of several high impact ISI journals.
Prof. Mohd Sapuan Salit, PhD is a senior professor of composite materials at Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM). He is currently head of Laboratory of Biocomposite Technology, INTROP, UPM, and also head of composites Technology Research Program at UPM. He is the vice president and honorary member of Asian Polymer Association; Fellow of Institute of Materials, Malaysia, Plastic and Rubber Institute, Malaysia, Malaysian Scientific Association and Society of automotive engineers, USA. His research interests include natural fibre composites, composite materials selection and concurrent engineering for composites. Professor Mohd Sapuan Salit has published more than 450 journal papers and 400 conference papers. He has authored and edited 15 books in engineering. He has guided more than 40 PhD students and 40 MSc students. He is the recipient of various awards such as ISESCO Science Prize, Alumni Award, University of Newcastle, Australia, Rotary Research Award, Khwarizmi International Award, Plastic and Rubber Institute Malaysia Fellowship Award, and Vice Chancellor Fellowship Prize, UPM.
Dr. Othman Y. Alothman, PhD is currently an Associate Professor at the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, King Saud University (KSU), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. He is also the Dean of Graduate Studies, Saudi Electronic University, Riyadh since May 2014. Previously he also worked as Vice Director of the Translation Center, KSU, Riyadh. He has completed his PhD from University of Manchester, UK. He teaches Fluid Mechanics, FORTRAN Programming, and Polymer Properties and Rheology to undergraduate and postgraduate students. He has supervised three M.Sc students. Currently he is working on a number of research projects in the field of polymer blending and characterization. So far he has published more than 25 international ISI journal papers and 4 translated books and book chapters. He is also a reviewer of a number of journals. He is also a member of Polymer Processing Society (PPS) and the society of Plastics Engineering (SPE).
Table of Contents
1. Green Biocomposites: versatile materials for Future- Dr. Zoheb, Sweden
2. Design and Fabrication of Green Biocomposites-Dr. Faris Al Oqla, Jordan
3. Conceptual design of biocomposites for automotive components-Amin, Malaysia
4. Design of prosthetic leg socket from Kenaf fibre based composites-Prof Paridah, Malaysia
5. Green Biocomposites: A prospective utilization in Automobile Industry. Dr. Deepak Verma, India.
6. Potential Green Biocomposites for automotive applications-Azman Hassan, Mahbub Hasan and Zainoha Zakaria, Malaysia
7. Green Biocomposites for Structural applications- Naheed, Malaysia
8. Synthesis of Soya protein based biocomposites for packaging applications-Prof Sarat, India
9. Green Biocomposites for Biomedical Applications- Mahbub Hasan, M Enamul Hoque-Bangladesh and Saudi Arabia
10. Hemp fibres; A Material of Choice for High-performance Engineered Green composites- Dr. Pervaiz and Mohini Sain, Canada
11. Natural fibers Green Biocomposites for Acoustical sound absorption applications- Dr. Reza, Malaysia
12. Green Biocomposites-A versatile material for different applications-Dr. Faris Oqla, Jordan
13. Recycling of rubber matrix for fabrication of Green Biocomposites- Dr. Darshil, Cambridge, Dr Wirasak Smitthipong and Sukontip Suethoa at Kasetsart University, and Prof Fritz Vollrath at Oxford University
14. Bamboo Green Biocomposites for Construction applications- Dr. Ren, USA
15. Cellulosic biocomposites: Potential materials for future-A.H.Bhat, Imran Khan,Y.K.Dasan- Malaysia and Portugal
16. Okra Fibres: potential material for Green Biocomposites- G M Arifuzzaman Khan, Nazire Deniz Yilmaz, Kenan Yilmaz- Bangladesh and Turkey