Greener Pastures beyond Mt.Abuse raises serious and confronting issues affecting the communities and world by reflecting on traditional parenting styles and old cultures and the effects they have on one’s life journey. The book critiques our traditions and cultures on whether they are still relevant today in order to bring about dialogue towards change and prepare the youth for the globalised citizenship. Questions are raised on whether society, culture, religion and upbringing could be assisting domestic violence in society and relationships challenges.
This book encourages the society to speak up as times have changed. It is not only in Hollywood with the recent movements of #METOO or #TIMESUP where people should speak up. Wherever violence and abuse has been tolerated, it is time for change.
This book will make you question today’s world and if much is being done to help those confronted with abuse.
• How people communicate with their loved ones, be it in a home setting, friendships, fellowships or relationships.
• How young women and men are raised in homes.
• The importance of counselling young ones who have grown up in abusive homes.
• How one can conquer fear when confronted by an abusive partner.
• When to seek help in a relationship.
• Why speaking is important.