A step-by-step guide to solving noise and interference problems in the digital age
The rapid growth of digital technology over the past decade has brought the analog world into direct contact with high-speed operations and electromagnetic processesand created a host of new problems for designers. This new twist requires different approaches to issues of noise and interference in digital processing, high-speed communication, mass data storage, and high-frequency applications.
Grounding and Shielding Techniques, Fourth Edition is entirely rewritten to reflect these new challenges. This highly effective tool for the management of interference problems in electronic equipment treats the fundamentals of electrostatics as they relate to electromagnetic phenomena. Specifically, this volume deals with the new interference problems created when analog designs are buried in the middle of hardware that must meet radiation and susceptibility standards. It features:
• Effective techniques for handling noise problems in a variety of circumstances
• Step-by-step instructions for building noise-free instrument systems
• Strategies for reducing or eliminating noise in interconnecting systems
• Expanded discussion of multishielded transformers
• An overview of current trends to limit the use of transformers
• Real-world examples of factors influencing electronic noise
• Simplified, practical explanations of the physics of fields
• Dozens of illustrations and a clear, readable text.
Grounding and Shielding Techniques, Fourth Edition is a state-of-the-art problem-solving guide for electronic design engineers and technicians. It is also an extremely useful text for short courses on electronic noise.
|Product dimensions:||6.34(w) x 9.06(h) x 0.79(d)|
About the Author
RALPH MORRISON is a consultant and lecturer in the area of interference control and electronics. He has 30 years of design and consulting experience, was president of Instrum for more than a decade and has authored Noise and Other Interfering Signals, Grounding and Shielding in Facilities, and Solving Interference Problems in Electronics.
Table of Contents
The Transport of Signals and Power.
Fields and Conductors.
Electrostatic Shielding II.
High- Frequency Design.
Pulses and Step Functions.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
lack of examples makes the book hard to understand.