Photographic storybook - a baby Arctic tern who hatches and grows up in Alaska.
One spring day a pair of Arctic terns landed after their long flight north from Antarctica. They built a nest and laid an egg. Soon, a downy baby arctic tern hatched.
Learning, growing, and stretching your wings
The baby tern had so much to learn: how to eat, how to swim and how to care for his feathers. But his greatest wish was to fly. After many days of practice, trial and failure, he stretched his wings and before he knew it he was flying high in the sky!
- 2019 Independent Publisher Book Awards Silver Award Best Children's Illustrated E-Book
- 2019 Eric Hoffer Award Children's Honorable Mention and Eric Hoffer Award Grand Prize Short List
- 2019 Nautilus Book Awards Silver Award Children's Picture Books/NonFiction
- 2019 Feathered Quill Book Awards Children's Early Readers (6-8 years) Bronze Third Place
- 2019 Reader Views Literary Awards Children's Early Reader-Ages 6-8 Honorable Mention
A delightful and educational story
- Children learn about arctic terns throughout the story
- Additional facts about arctic terns and their amazing migration
- Free coloring pages and activities
- Free Teacher's guide and educational activities are available to download
What readers are saying:
- I loved this book! The photographs were wonderful and the text was delightful in its simplicity. If you have read The Little Rabbit by Judy Dunn you will understand the format of this book; they are very similar. The author is obviously sharing their passion with us through this book. - TigerMom, Amazon Reviewer
- A birder's delight Inspire children to watch birds with this delightful book. Follow the life of an arctic tern from birth to first flight. The photographs are fabulous, and the accompanying illustrations an added bonus. A great guide for fostering a love of nature. - Janzie, Amazon Reviewer