“Brazil is not Europe or the USA and can seem like a foreign planet to the visitor, so be prepared”!
This unique book has important information not detailed in other Guides to Rio and Brazil
It is written by a Professor of Biomedicine working on tropical diseases living and working in Rio for the last 25 years.
It tells you how to remain safe and healthy, avoiding disease, and at the same time enjoy a fantastic holiday.
His expertise on Rio has been acknowledged by interviews given and requested by Sky News, BBC, Talk Radio Europe, and Dr Oz and TNT travel guides.
The Guide is relevant for the millions attending the New Year, Rock in Rio, the legendary Carnival and vacations.
It also includes:-
- Travelling to Rio and transport from the airport, local travel, the Metro and safety on local buses.
- Using cash, money exchanges and local banks with all ATM machines located off-street in locked premises after 10pm.
- Outstanding local food and restaurants as well as details of farmers markets.
- Insider information on the cheapest and safest ways to visit the Sugar Loaf, Jesus Christ Statue (Corcovado) and other extraordinary landmarks. Numbers of buses are given and location for buying tickets as well as outstanding trips to see Rio from the sea and bus at minimal cost.
- Local free, clean, 24hr emergency hospitals, security and getting help
- Avoiding losing deposits made on accommodation due to unscrupulous rental agencies/landlords.
- Finally, recent unsolicited emails include:
“Dear Norman, We have returned home safely in the Netherlands and have recovered from the exhausting but amazing trip to Rio de Janeiro. I want to thank you very much for your tips on health and safety (and food) in Rio de Janeiro. I actually ended up having to use the emergency hospital, due to an allergic reaction to a mosquito bite. I was serviced within 20 minutes and it was all resolved rather quickly. So thank you very much!” Flint van der Vlist.
|Publisher:||Clink Street Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||5.00(w) x 7.00(h) x 0.18(d)|