Finding Guidance and Courage: A Light in Hard Times
We all face tough times. But how can we meet these difficult situations with a compassionate heart and a clear mind? "Inside each of us is an inner light that I call 'The One Who Knows,'" teaches Jack Kornfield. "Awakening to this wisdom can help us find our way through pain and suffering with grace, tenderness, and curiosity."
Guided Meditations for Difficult Times gives us eight new practices for reconnecting to our inner guide to skillfully navigate life's storms. With his warm teaching style and gift for storytelling, Jack Kornfield invites us to discover:
Equanimity and Peace-how to hold the sorrows and struggles of our world and our selves with balance, while seeing the great peace behind it all
• Shared Compassion-a revolutionary practice for learning to experience painful situations with understanding and care
• Forgiveness-for releasing the past and breaking down barriers to all that is closed in the heart
• Setting Your Highest Intention-a powerful guide for navigating difficulty and awakening to the shining beauty and potential of the human spirit
Our inner wisdom can light the way ahead so that we can take life in stride, teaches Kornfield. Guided Meditations for Difficult Times offers fresh insights and practices for being present, loving, and open in the midst of any life challenge.
List some of the symptoms of conflict, struggle, and suffering.
• Describe the higher life purpose of hardship.
• Summarize benefits of releasing burdens through forgiveness.
• Practice guided visualizations that promote healing.
• Utilize meditation to gain peace and equanimity.
• Apply practices that help you connect with your highest intentions.
|Publisher:||Sounds True, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||5.20(w) x 5.70(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
Jack Kornfield, PhD, trained as a Buddhist monk in Thailand, Burma, and India and has been teaching meditation internationally since 1974. He is one of the key teachers to introduce mindfulness practices to the West. He co-founded the Insight Meditation Society in Barre, Massachusetts and founded the Spirit Rock Center in Woodacre California. He holds a PhD in clinical psychology and has taught in centers and universities worldwide. Jack has led International Buddhist Teacher meetings with the Dalai Lama, worked with many of the great teachers of our time, and is a father and activist. He is co-creator of the Awareness Training Institute and has written more than a dozen books, including Meditation for Beginners; A Path With Heart; After the Ecstasy, the Laundry; and more.