Handbook of Child Psychology, Child Psychology in Practice / Edition 6 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
Part of the authoritative four-volume reference that spans the entire field of child development and has set the standard against which all other scholarly references are compared. Updated and revised to reflect the new developments in the field, the Handbook of Child Psychology, Sixth Edition contains new chapters on such topics as spirituality, social understanding, and non-verbal communication.
Volume 4: Child Psychology in Practice, edited by K. Ann Renninger, Swarthmore College, and Irving E. Sigel, Educational Testing Service, covers child psychology in clinical and educational practice. New topics addressed include educational assessment and evaluation, character education, learning disabilities, mental retardation, media and popular culture, children's health and parenting.
About the Author
Faculty, students and researchers in health administration, business administration, and public administration who are preparing for careers in health services.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Child Psychology Research in Practice (K. Renninger & I. Sigel).
SECTION ONE: RESEARCH ADVANCED AND IMPLICATIONS FOR PRACTICE IN EDUCATION.
1. Early Childhood Development and Education (M. Hyson, et al.).
2. Assessments of Early Reading (S. Paris & A. Paris).
3. Becoming Bilingual, Biliterate, and Bicultural (C. Snow & J. Kang).
4. Mathematical Thinking and Learning (E. De Corte & L. Verschaffel).
5. Scientific Thinking and Science Literacy (R. Lehrer & L. Schauble).
6. Education for Spatial Thinking (L. Liben).
7. Character Education (D. lapsley & D. Narvaez).
8. Learning Environments (P. Blumenfeld, et al.).
SECTION TWO: RESEARCH ADVANCED AND IMPLICATIONS FOR CLINICAL APPLICATIONS.
9. Self-REgulations and Effort Investment (M. Boekaerts).
10. Risk and Prevention (R. Selman & A. Dray).
11. Learning Disabilities (V. Berninger).
12. Mental Retardation (R. Hodapp & E. Dykens).
13. Developmental Psychopathology and Preventive Intervention (D. Cicchetti & S. Toth).
14. Families and Early Childhood Interventions (D. Powell).
15. School-based Social and Emotional Learning Programs (J. Kress & M. Elias).
16. Children and War Trauma (A. Klingman).
SECTION THREE: RESEARCH ADVANCED AND IMPLICATIONS FOR SOCIAL POLICY AND SOCIAL ACTION.
17. Cultural Pathways Through Human Development (P. Greenfield, et al.).
18. Childhood Poverty, Policy, and Practice (V. McLoyd, et al.).
19. The Child and them Law (M. Bruck, et al.).
20. Media and Popular Culture (G. Comstock & E. Scharrer).
21. Children's Health and Education (C. Ramey, et al.).
22. Parenting Science and Practice (M. Bornstein).
23. Nonparental Child Care: Context, Concepts, Correlates, and Consequences (M. Lamb & L. Ahnert).
24. Research to Practice Redefined (I. Sigel).