Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Handbook of Food Products Manufacturing: Health, Meat, Milk, Poultry, Seafood, and Vegetables / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
This authoritative reference covers food-manufacturing principles, and details the processing and manufacturing of products in the fields of: Health, Meat, Milk, Poultry, Seafood, and Vegetables.
• Includes an overview of food manufacturing principles
• Presents details of commercial processing for each commodity including (where appropriate) a general introduction, ingredients, technologies, types and evaluation of industrial products, special problems, types and evaluation of consumer products, and processing and product trends
• For each commodity, information includes the details of commercial processing of several representative foods.
|Product dimensions:||7.34(w) x 10.00(h) x 2.51(d)|
Table of Contents
PART B: FOOD PRODUCTS MANUFACTURING (CONTINUED).
Section XII: Health Ingredients and Health Products Development for Preventing or Treating Human Diseases.
46. Bioactive Peptides from Food Proteins (Hannu Korhonen and Anne Pihlanto).
47. Lipid-Soluble Vitamins: Nutritional and Functional Aspects (Antonio Pérez-Gálvez and María Isabel Mínguez-Mosquera).
48. Phytochemicals in Mediterranean Diet: The Interaction Between Tomato and Olive Oil Bioactive Compounds (Rita Pernice, Paola Vitaglione, Raffaele Sacchi, and Vincenzo Fogliano).
49. Functional Microbes: Technology for Health Foods (Maria Saarela and Tiina Mattila-Sandholm).
50. Enterococci and Dairy Products (Giorgio Giraffa).
51. Fermented Milk: Health Benefits Beyond Probiotic Effect (Todor Vasiljevic and Nagendra P. Shah).
52. Application of Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals in Allergic Disorders: Principles and Potential (Venu Gangur).
53. Functional Foods, Herbs, and Aging (Carlos Kusano Bucalen Ferrari).
54. Functional Foods and Gastrointestinal Disorders (Jude Ryan, Shomik Sibartie, Liam O'Mahony, and Fergus Shanahan).
55. Herbs in the Management of Diabetes Mellitus with an Emphasis on Ginseng (Vladimir Vuksan and John L. Sievenpiper).
56. Functional Foods and Minerals: Calcium (John J.B. Anderson).
Section XIII: Meat and Meat Products.
57. Thermal Processing (Isabel Guerrero Legarreta).
58. Ham (Fidel Toldrá).
59. Sausages (Fidel Toldrá and Milagro Reig).
60. Fermented Meat Production (Fidel Toldrá).
61. Processed Pork Meat Flavors (Fidel Toldrá and Mónica Flores).
62. Sensory Quality of Meat Products (Fidel Toldrá and Mónica Flores).
Section XIV: Milk and Milk Products.
63. Processing Quality Fluid Milk Products (James V. Chambers and Somjit Surapat).
64. Milk Composition, Physical and Processing Characteristics (Ramesh C. Chandan).
65. Genetics and Milk Production (Stephanie Clark and Michael J. Costello).
66. Flavored Milks (Kayanush J. Aryana).
67. Fermented Milks Popular in Europe and North America (A.Y. Tamime and R.K. Robinson).
68. Fermented Milk in Asia (Sardar Iftekharudin Ahmed and Jutatip Wangsai).
69. Goat Milk, Its Products and Nutrition (Young W. Park and George F.W. Haenlein).
70. Bioactive Peptides in Dairy Products (Marco Gobbetti, Fabio Minervini, and Carlo Giuseppe Rizzello).
71. Science and Technology of Sour Cream (Wilfried Rieder).
72. Dairy Protein Hydrolysates (Ifendu A. Nnanna and Chao Wu).
73. The Manufacture and Applications of Casein-Derived Ingredients (John E. O’Connell and Cal Flynn).
74. Ice Cream and Frozen Desserts (Arun Kilara and Ramesh C. Chandan).
75. Frozen Novelties (Jonathan Hopkinson).
76. Yogurt (Lisa Pannell and Tonya C. Schoenfuss).
77. Infant Formulas (G. Boehm, C. Beermann, G. Georgi, and B. Stahl).
78. Biochemical Processes in the Production of Flavor in Milk and Milk Products (Tanoj K. Singh, Keith R. Cadwallader, and MaryAnne Drake).
Section XV: Poultry Products.
79. Poultry Marination (Edith Ponce-Alquicira).
80. Poultry Sausages (Alfonso Totosaus and M. Lourdes Pérez-Chabela).
81. Flavor of Fresh and Frozen Poultry (Edith Ponce-Alquicira).
82. Edible Packaging for Poultry and Poultry Products (Baciliza Quintero-Salazar and Edith Ponce-Alquicira).
Section XVI: Seafood.
83. Frozen Seafood Products Description (Nanna Cross).
84. Processing Frozen Seafoods (Shann-Tzong Jiang and Tung-Ching Lee).
85. Shellfish Freezing (Athapol Noomhorm, Mukku Shrinivas Rao, and Punchira Vongsawasdi).
86. Processing Formulated Fish and Fish Products (Jamilah Bakar).
87. Flavorants from Seafood Byproducts (Rosa Jonsdottir, Gudrun Olafsdottir, Sigurður Hauksson, and Jon Magnus Einarsson).
88. Seafood Processing: Basic Sanitation Practices (Nanna Cross).
89. Sustainable Intensive Aquaculture (C.G. Carter).
Section XVII: Vegetable Products.
90. Frozen Vegetables and Product Descriptions (Nanna Cross).
91. Frozen Avocados (Rosa Maríà Galicia-Cabrera).
92. Frozen French Fried Potatoes and Quality Assurance (Nanna Cross).
93. Paprika Production: Current Processing Techniques and Emerging Technologies (María Isabel Mínguez-Mosquera, Manuel Jarén-Galán, Dámaso Hornero-Méndez, and Antonio Pérez-Gálvez).
94. Pickles Manufacturing in the United States: Quality Assurance and Establishment Inspection (Nanna Cross).
95. Soymilk and Tofu Manufacturing (Sam K.C. Chang).
96. Tomato Processing (Rosa María Galicia-Cabrera).
97. Dried Tomato (Raquel Pinho Ferreira Guiné and Maria João Barroca Dias).
VOLUME 2 INDEX.
VOLUME 1 CONTENTS.
VOLUME 2 CONTENTS.