The Handbook of Liver Disease, 3rd Edition, by Drs. Lawrence S. Friedman and Emmet B. Keeffe, gives you quick reference to the most recent diagnostic and treatment options for patients with liver disorders. International authorities share the latest clinical findings and procedures to help you expertly manage illnesses like hepatitis B and C and hepatocellular carcinoma, as well as apply new practices like genetic testing, noninvasive imaging techniques, and so much more. Quickly access updated information on all aspects of liver disease including new drugs, therapy trials, and post-transplant conditions with this full-color, templated edition–in print and online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Expedite diagnostic and therapeutic decision making with a highly templated outline format that uses full-color illustrations, tables, algorithms and figures, key point boxes, and alert symbols to present information at a glance.
- Apply some of the latest treatments for liver disease including the role of pretreatment IL28B testing for patients with hepatitis B and C; radiofrequency ablation and sorafenib in cases of hepatocellular carcinoma; the use of the drug rifaximin to treat hepatic encephalopathy; and much more.
Make optimal use of genetic testing to assess your patients’ risk of metabolic liver disease and to personalize treatment regimens for chronic hepatitis C.
- Offer your liver transplantation patients the best prognosis and follow-up with the latest information on outcomes and the management of complications.
Use blood test panels and noninvasive imaging techniques to evaluate the degree of liver fibrosis.
- Make informed treatment decisions with the latest clinical trial results for portal hypertension, autoimmune liver diseases, acute liver failure, and hepatic infections.
- Search the complete text online, download all the images, and test your knowledge with 200 board-style review questions at www.expertconsult.com.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||14 MB|
|Note:||This product may take a few minutes to download.|
Table of Contents1. Assessment of liver function and diagnostic studies
2. Acute liver failure
3. Acute viral hepatitis
4. Chronic viral hepatitis
5. Autoimmune hepatitis
6. Alcoholic liver disease
7. Fatty liver and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis
8. Drug-induced and toxic liver disease
9. Cirrhosis and portal hypertension: an overview
10. Portal hypertension and gastrointestinal bleeding
11. Ascites and spontaneous bacterial peritonitis
12. Hepatorenal syndrome
13. Hepatic encephalopathy
14. Primary biliary cirrhosis
15. Primary sclerosing cholangitis
17. Wilson's disease and related disorders
18. Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency and other metabolic liver diseases
19. Budd-Chiari syndrome and other vascular disorders
20. The liver in heart failure
21. The liver in pregnancy
22. The liver in systemic disease
23. Pediatric liver disease
24. Liver disease in the elderly
25. HIV and the liver
26. Granulomatous liver disease
27. Hepatic tumours
28. Hepatic abscesses and cysts
29. Other infections involving the liver
30. Surgery in the patient with liver disease and postoperative jaundice
31. Liver transplantation
32. Cholelithiasis and cholecystitis
33. Diseases of the bile ducts
34. Tumors of the biliary tract